The Town of East Hartford Connecticut houses the State’s biggest private employer, United Technologies Corp.(UTC). The State of Connecticut would be giving UTC $400 million in tax breaks to anchor its business in the state.
“The $400M in tax breaks would be in exchange for continued research and development spending and half a billion dollars in new facilities, including a new global headquarters for Pratt & Whitney in East Hartford.”
This is great news for the residents of East Hartford and for the State of Connecticut as a whole.
(Click on the Images to Enlarge)
Facts Generated from the Report and Data above:
1) 178 Single Family homes are currently for sale.
*$299,000 – The most expensive home with 3231 square feet, 6 bedrooms and 3 1/2 bathrooms. This has been on the market for 785 days.
*$144,199 – The average listing price. The average square feet is 1368 with 3 bedrooms and 1 1/2 bathrooms. The average days on the market is 120 days.
2) 82 units are under contract.
*$229,900 – The most expensive home with 2584 square feet, 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. This has been on the market for 633 days.
*$122,088 – The average listing price. The average square feet is 1331 with 3 bedrooms and 1 1/2 bathrooms. The average days on the market is 112 days.
3) 39 units are sold in December of 2013 and 24 in January of 2014.
*The average listing price for sold units:
- December is $120,771
- January, it is $150,479
– a difference of almost $30,000.
*The average square feet is:
- December is 1289 with 3 bedrooms and 1 1/2 bathrooms
- January is 1486 with 3 bedrooms and 1 1/2 bathrooms.
– a difference of 197 square feet.
*The average days on the market:
- December – 77 days
- January – 84 days
Given the sold units of 39 in December and 24 in January, it is estimated that the current inventory of 178 homes will be depleted within 5 1/2 months.
Start your Search for Homes in East Hartford
Latest posts by Maria Gilda Racelis (see all)
- Saying No to Commission. Yes to Professional Service Fee - June 10, 2017
- You are a Realtor! Be Damn Proud of It! - April 19, 2017
- You Can’t Reject Section 8 Tenants! - February 21, 2017