First-Time Home Buyers Best Choice as destination for house hunting: Manchester CT Real Estate
Manchester Connecticut is situated in the central part of the state of Connecticut. The town of Manchester offers easy access or commute convenience because of the three interstate highways , accessible within the city
I-384 leads to Providence, RI.
I-84 takes you to Massachusetts and New York.
I-291 is just a short junction to I-91, which then provides the primary north–south thoroughfare in the western part of New England.
Everything that you need for your daily existence and recreation is right in the town of Manchester. This town can boasts retail stores galore, huge shopping center, strip malls, and an array of restaurants that will satisfy your gastronomic cravings and a bevy of boutiques in the downtown . It also housed cinema theaters which is now called Cinemark. Cinemark has 18 screens which translate into more selections for the moviegoers. One can treat himself to the snacks offered at the concessions or to a nice cold beer and pizza inside the building before or after heading to the movie.
Quality of life is enhanced by convenience combined by large parcels of land allotted for parks and recreations. Manchester Connecticut has both. With 23 walking trails and 10 parks, Manchester Connecticut is the place to be.
Most of my first-time home buyers bought their homes in Manchester. If a household is paying $1200-$1500 a month, it does not make sense why one should not own a home instead of renting as home prices in Manchester remain affordable.
This 3-bedroom home with 1200 square feet of living space closed on March 4, 2016 and it is now owned by my first-time home buyers. They used to pay $900 in rent. Their monthly mortgage for this home inclusive of principal, interest, property taxes, homeowner’s insurance and mortgage insurance is approximately $1047.
Hence, I advocate strongly for home ownership.
Let us take a glimpse at the trend in Manchester Real Estate Market.
SINGLE FAMILY HOMES FOR SALE
- 182 Single Family Homes for Sale
- Average List Price is $220,321 with 3 bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms within average living space of 1,843 square feet
- Median List Price is $194,700 with 1,556 square feet
- Most Expensive Home for Sale: $649,900 with 6,952 square feet
- Lowest-Priced Home for Sale: $71,500 with 794 square feet
SINGLE FAMILY HOMES UNDER CONTRACT
- 95 Single Family Homes
- Average List Price is $181,590 with 3 bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms within average living space of 1,618 square feet
- Median List Price is $164,900 with 1,433 square feet
- Most Expensive Home: $579,000 with 3,994 square feet
- Lowest-Priced Home: $72,900 with 912 square feet
SOLD SINGLE FAMILY HOMES
- 33 Single Family Homes for Sale
- Average Sale Price is $157,463 with 3 bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms within average living space of 1,594 square feet
- Median Sold Price is $160,000 with 1,434 square feet
- Most Expensive Sold Home : $328,900 with 2,743 square feet
- Lowest-Priced Sold Home: $52.100 with 912 square feet
A snapshot of last year’s market performance is illustrated below:
Using a two-year historical sales, the current inventory of 182 homes in Manchester CT Real Estate is expected to be depleted within four to five months.
This is considered a seller’s market. However, correct pricing and condition can spell the big difference in selling a home in Manchester CT.
Make sure that you hire the right Realtor when it is time to buy or sell a home.
This market information is brought to you by Home Buyers Realty.
“It is not about brand recognition that makes it happen. It is the Realtor you hire. Please check out the credentials and testimonials of the company’s staff. Our clients’ testimonials will tell you the kind of service we render and provide.”
Visit our website amazingcthomes.
Bookmark this blog for your monthly local market report and for any real estate related stories and updates.
Latest posts by Maria Gilda Racelis (see all)
- Saying No to Commission. Yes to Professional Service Fee - June 10, 2017
- You are a Realtor! Be Damn Proud of It! - April 19, 2017
- You Can’t Reject Section 8 Tenants! - February 21, 2017