According to the National Highway Traffic Administration, car accidents happen every minute of the day. Motor vehicle accidents occur in any part of the world every 60 seconds. And if it’s all summed up in a yearly basis,there are 5.25 million driving accidents that take place per year.
Due to this staggering statistics, one should be prepared when a vehicular accident happens. This is called Accident Management. Attorney Katherine Fong, a personal injury lawyer, outlined the following accident tips.
Car Accident Tips
1) Call 911- even if not seriously injured. Don’t just exchange insurance information with the other person. People’s stories change. Even if you are at fault, it is advisable to get a third party’s view of the accident.
2) If you are injured- go to hospital in an ambulance
3) Whether or not you are injured, do not discuss your condition with the other person involved in the accident or later with their insurance representative. It is important to remember that one is not under obligation to disclose any information or discuss anything. Let you attorney discuss and do any statement with you. Do tell the police that you are injured. There is a “C” box on the police report where the police lists your injuries or complaints.
4) Do not move your car from the scene of the accident until the police arrives. Again, people’s stories change.
5) If you are not injured enough to warrant a trip to the hospital but are still in pain, then go see your doctor immediately, and if you can’t get in to your doctor, then go to the emergency room. Often times, once the adrenaline from the accident wears off, you will start to feel that might have been caused by the accident. The longer you wait to receive the treatment, the more window of opportunity the insurance company is given to claim that you were not THAT injured.
6) Take pictures of damages to your car, accident scenes and injuries. Injuries heal fast and cars get fixed.
So there goes the tips for today. Remember, these are just tips. You have to contact a lawyer for a legal advice.
By the way, make sure that you make copies of the accident tips for your self, your children and friends. Keep it in your glove compartment.
Just a friendly reminder from your realtor in the neighborhood. For all your real estate needs, contact Maria Gilda Racelis of Home Buyers Realty. Visit her website www.amazingcthomes.com.
Latest posts by Maria Gilda Racelis (see all)
- Coventry CT Real Estate Market Report-August 2017 - August 10, 2017
- July 2017 Manchester CT Real Estate Market Update - August 4, 2017
- Manchester CT- Real Estate Market Report for First-Time Home Buyers - July 24, 2017